Disciplines and Decorums inside the GoldenTemple
We should take off our shoes and depositing in the store house a taken must be taken Before entering inside we should wash our feet in the flowing water outside thc entrance We should cover our heads all the time when we are inside the temple.
Doors of the GoldenTemple open:-
1. At 2 A.M. in the months of March. April, May mid June
2 At 2.15 AM in the months of July and August
3. At 2.30 AM in the months of Sept & Oct
4. At 3.00 A.M. in the months of Nov, Dec, Jan. & Feb.
Mukh Vaaks are taken three times daily :-
I At the time of Parkash of Sri Gum Granth Sahib.
2 At the time of Bhog of Aasa di Vaar
3. At the time of Sukhasan of Guru Granth Sahib
Ardaas is performed six times daily :-
1. At the time of Parkash of Guru Granth Sahib.
2 After Bhog of Kirtan ofAasa Di Vaar.
3 At 12 noon after Paath of Anand Sahib.
4. At 3 PM, after reciting Aarti Gagan Mein Thaal
5 After Paath of Rehraas Sahib
6 After Paath of Kirtan Sohila.
Peforance of Kirtan continues inside the Golden Temple from time of opening of Darshani Deorhi, till it is closed.
Jalau is held on five occasions during the year Jalau items are displayed from 10.00 AM to 12 00 Noon.
1. Birthday of Guru Nanak Der Ji.
2. Birthday of Guru Ram Dass Ji.
3. Installation day of Gut Gaddi of Guru Hargobind Sahib.
4. Parkash Utsav of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
5. Birthday of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
The devotees reach Akaal Takhat in the early hours of the morning At Akaal Takhat there is a holy room known as Kotha Sahib.Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib is put to rest each night after service of the day In the morning Sri Guru Granth Sahib is taken to Sri Harimandir Sahib in a Golden Palanquin. The devotees take it through the causeway inside the Harimandir Sahib where it is placed on the Manji Sahib under a velvet canopy At night Guru Granth Sahib is taken back to Akaal Takhat in a Palanquin After 11 00 P.M the floor of the Harimandir Sahib is washed and cleaned